Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Sully is Cold and Starving

At 08.30 this morning, I got a phone call. I totally forgot it was a holiday today, and family time, so I answered. It was Angie. With an upset voice she tells me there is a young boxer dog that is in a terrible shape, only skin and bones. She will not survive without immediate help.

I look with begging eyes to my husband who is home today; "Can you drive and take a look?"


Via cell phone and computer I am sick in bed, trying to coordinate everything; pictures are being sent to me; sure she really need help. She got some wounds on her back.


Hanging teets! Can you gently squeeze from her tummy and down, any milk? ..."No" Good, she doesn't have puppies somewhere that will starve without her.

Ok, bring her in to the crate in my SUV.

No veterinarians are open today! Angie can you have her until tomorrow? Yes? Good!



We will take her into the veterinarian clinic first thing tomorrow morning. Please keep Sully in your thoughts and hearts.

3 comments:

iiiii said...

Oj, oj ,oj... det knöt sig i magen när jag såg denna lilla stackare! Det är för j-vla hemskt att vissa djur ska behöva genomlida livet på detta sätt. Men tacka gud för att det finns människor som gör vad de kan för att rädda dem. Kram Erika

Mother in Action said...

Erika, miljoner tack for ditt stod. Todd skall kora henne till veterinar kliniken nu nar de oppnar kl 09. Hall tummarna. (Jag skall till sjukhuset jag som vill vara med Sully ! Hall tummarna for mig ocksa :-)
Kram Mia

Ulla said...

Jag håller tummarna för er båda!!!
Kram
/Ulla