Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Broken Painful Amore

Today I went out to the vet. clinic to pay some bills and to hear how everything went with Grace and Cucci. They were doing fine, and again I am amazed how strays are so friendly, brought from the street into a very strange, possibly threatening area. A lot of dogs around them and no one knows their own territory. They can hear a lot of other dogs barking, but not see them.

It seems like Grace's problem is not her hips. It is her two front legs. Her front "wrists" are not right, and it causes her to wobble when she tries to put any weight on them.

Some time ago, she probably jumped down and broke both "wrists". That explains why she suddenly became a skeleton, she couldn't walk to find food. Poor thing.



Tomorrow am I going out there again and we are going to do some x-rays to determine a good solution for her. It is so painful in my heart and her wrists to put her back out on the street again. It doesn't feel right! (For either of us.)



Later on this afternoon it was time for Olivia's riding lesson. I sensed something was wrong when we came back home. Most of the dogs were out, but one I couldn't see. She was laying under the back stairs bleeding. My heart ached when I saw her, Shiloh. (She is the one that narrowly survived getting hit by a car last year this month.) Jack, our kind of new-comer was bloody over his chest and legs. I was so disappointed, and my head was spining around. WHY?

I gave Shiloh a bath so I could spot all the wounds and see how bad they were. Luckily not too bad, but this poor girl hasn't had it easy since we arrived to Italy. Poor Girls!

No comments: