Sunday, June 7, 2009

Little Sully Update

My husband made some fliers last Friday that Sully needed a loving, good permanent home. Nervous I was that we wouldn't find any person for Sully since it is very hard to adopt away dogs here. Many families already have a dog or two, and then, the competition is brutally hard here since hundred thousands of stray dogs are roaming around, and shelters are over-filled with poor souls. That is were AWL comes in, we medicate and make them healthier on the street, here are many people that are feeding the strays but cannot afford medicine.

My husband said, "Mia, just have faith!"
I realized I had lost my faith. It is so easy to lose faith when working with rough cases, they are living, feeling souls.

I went home and meditated, told myself several times, "have faith".
In the afternoon the phone rang. A couple (US) asked if Sully still was looking for a home?

I held my breath for a moment.."yes" I whispered.

Saturday, we went out to LegaProAnimale were she is in quarantine-- since she is full of worms.

I put a new pink collar --that Ylva had donated-- on her and to our delight, she had gained a little weight, too.
Next week she will be going home to Fred and his wife for one week of relaxation and love, then its time to vaccinate and sterilize her.

Later on when I came home there was another email from a person that also wanted to adopt Sully.

My heart was so warm, and I really have to work more on getting my faith back.

I learned a lot from Sully and my husband, this was my lesson. The school of Universe is outside yourself where ever you are, it is about listening with all your senses. When closing up, you won't hear anything and your spiritual growing will always be on stand-by.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

mia , so happy for sully,she deserves a good home ,angiex