Thursday, June 11, 2009

Update on Cat the Tiger

Earlier on this blog I wrote about the cat Tiger about his family with small kids who could not keep him. They asked around, and an organization told them to release the cat but the family didn't think that was fair to Tiger, he had been an indoor cat his whole life and he was swatting at the kids. One veterinarian on US Base told them to contact us. They did and AWL took him to a foster home for evaluation. We do not keep dangerous or sick animals that are suffering, but we do put all our resources in. AWL veterinarian Dr Inga, me as an animal psychologist and then Vania with good back ground/experience with cats Vania is keeping me up to date about the progress with Tiger;
"We will find him a home, have faith Mia!
If I found a home for 30 cats and dogs in Spain, and 2 cats and a rabbit here, we will manage again! He is a sweet cat really, not bad, he just needs to learn what he can and cannot do. Already I found a way to stop him biting-I blow in his face!he hates that and it stops him straight away and if he bites again, it's not as hard as before. Now I have to figure out how to stop him getting up on the tables-
This morning tiger broke a one of a kind hand blown vase we had received as a wedding gift-the naughty boy keeps getting on the furniture, I guess his previous mum and dad did not teach him better manners!
Needless to say, I was furious even though I know he did not mean to. I usually push him off as soon as I see him jump up.it really just boils down to him and I building up an understanding-I have to understand him as much as he has to understand me and what he can and cannot do.
He is still young and energetic and would be best in a family with older kids and preferably other cats as he does love company."


Thank you Vania for your great work and for giving Tiger a chance in life. You are wonderful.

No comments: