Thursday, June 26, 2008

Animal Hospital with Compassion

Villa Felice, the ER animal hospital here in Arco Felice are doing a lot of work helping the animals 24/7.
This fantastic strong minded dog on the picture above, survived after being severely burned. the poor dear even lost her ears to this cruelty. This happened in February. Hopefully, her new family will pick her up any day now, and be able to love her as she deserves to be loved! What a will to live!

When I walk into any animal hospital in the world--and I have visited many-- I look for compassion in the workers towards the animals --that they are having as patients-- but also for the owners. It is a critical emotional moment for the owners when something is happening to their dear ones--for many it is their "kid". The compassion in the people at any of these facilities is really more important than the physical facility, and can make up for some shortcomings in equipment.

The late evening when Shiloh got hit by a car I called in to the ER animal hospital. I told the man in the other line that my husband was on his way in with our hurt dog. I was upset and stuttered and in a thin voice I contiuned, "He doesn't have his wallet with him and I am alone in the house with two small children."
The man was calm on the other side of the phone, "Don't you worry about that."

I knew then that he had compassion for the animal that would soon "walk" through his door... if he had compassion for a faceless lady on the other end of the phone!

This is good compassion Amore!

No comments: