Thursday, June 26, 2008

Donation through AWL to Villa Felice


This remarkable woman is Sabine von Vultejus and she is from Germany. What makes her so remarkable is that she is a very determined lady--a big dog lover too--

Yesterday when visiting Shiloh at the ER animal clinic Villa Felice, it was burning hot. Hot for the crew to work with the animals, and especially for the animals in the recovery room. It was up to 35C .

During the night in my own bed with windows open and a fan on at the highest speed, I couldn't stop thinking of the poor animals that were trying to recover in this heat and also"wearing" fur.

0600 in the morning I sent out some emergency notes via SMS: "Help I need a fan." An hour later I got one reply "When do you need them ,I have two you can borrow."

At 10.00 she was at my house one her way to carry them in and I said "No, it is not for me," and so I told her the story. She looked at me,"What are we waiting for? Lets donate them!"

It was wonderful to roll them in to the veterinarian clinic and the staff, hook them up and the wind was wonderful for the animals laying there trying to recover. I made them promise that the fans would stay for the animals in recovery... not for the staff. They heartily agreed. Believe me, I'll be checking :)

Sabine, your heart is a big Amore, thank you!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi!
I'am one of the staff that works at Villa Felice ER clinic, and I also had the pleasure to speak with Ms. Archer when Shiloh had that incident....and also the oportunity that with the help of my other coleague Dr Monica Meninno, to save him.
It was a great pleasure for us to meet both Mia Mattson, and her friend Sabine von Vultejus.

P.S. In maximum one month all the ricovered animals will have conditioned air, we are expecting for 2 weeks the contracted company to install this machines.
Best whishes,
Dr. Adrian Puscasu.

Unknown said...

Yesterday, 26.06.2008 we did the X-rays, and thank God, he didn;t had any fracture.
I spoked with Ms. Archer and we decided that tomorow (27.06.2008 ) Shiloh could go home, to meet his other companions.

Mother in Action said...

Dr Adrian thank you so much for what you have done to/for Shiloh We are so happy today and amazed that our Shiloh is with us. She is like a cat, recovery is fantastic.

We are so happy and I will write tomorrow how she is doing.

That is wonderful news air condition for both your staff and animals. Way to go!!

I would like to learn more about your clinic Possible!