Monday, June 16, 2008

Animals at the Cemetery




Yesterday we went out to the cemetery, and as always with mixed feelings. Tears came when we went to Ranger's grave and saw the new tombstone with picture and plaque on. It made it much harder to look at with a picture there, me thinks. Now I can see why we humans don't have pictures on our graves. Gosh, we miss Ranger so much.

Good news was that the female dog (children had thrown acid on her so she had big burned scars over her body) I wanted to adopt had found a new home. It was of course with mixed feelings since I really wanted her but Trooper and Capri are our new pack members now, number four and five.

Bittersweet; a mother dog had puppies, and a cat got kittens. They are so cute, but of course, now we need more help with adoption and medicines (Animals without Limits does not do adoption but we can help with contacts). They are living under the cemetery office and are getting well taken cared of, but soon they will be big and need to find a new place. A "forever home."

Olivia was in heaven with all the kittens and mother cat. She is more interested in cats than I am, I am more a dog person. Well someone is going to work with cats!!

Getting in the car and pulled out slowly, passing an empty "junkyard", just concrete and garbage. "Stop" I yelled "Go back!"
Oh yes there were two goats and one puppy dog. The goats stood absolutely still but the puppy was jumping up and down trying to come out to us, yelping. The big iron gates were locked, and once again we could just drive away felling awful.
I have to go back and knock on some doors to find out what is going on. I always wanted a goat but I think my landlord would have a problem with that!

I need an Amore farm!






No comments: