Monday, November 23, 2009

SAD STORY


I got an e mail saying; "
She is a pointer mix and 7 years old. She has been our pet since she was 4 weeks old. She is great with my kids and they love her to death. My 2 year old sometimes pulls on her ears and sits on her and she just sits there.
We can't keep her because of my Tad school house orders to the states.
We want her to be well taking care of. She has all her shots up to date and is micro chipped as well. Her name is jazmin. Is there anyway you can help take her from us? We only have 15 days until we leave. "

My heart stopped. How can anyone leave their friend left behind. of course I started picturing leaving my own dogs and I started sobbing. I couldn't get the sweet picture of Jazmin out off my mind. How will she take it when the family goes away leaving her behind after 7 years together, the pack is leaving. Children age 11 -2 years old how will they react?
But speaking to the owner the children prefers bringing their cat instead.
In 7 days she wont have a home! And they tell me that no one want to adopt an "older" dog.
Come on, how can you say so. She is fantastic with children, you don't have to house train her, she lived with another dog before.
I cannot understand how someone can leave their best friend left that doesn,t have a choice or a voice.

2 comments:

Ulla said...

I have no understanding for this and I would like to ask them: Why can't they bring her with them and what were theirs plans if she can't get a new home??? Just throw her out in the street or lock her up in a shelter...???

Äppelblom said...

I just CAN´T get it! I would NEVER, EVER be able to leave Bambi after me, no matter what! What kind of people does that?????

When we moved from Finland to Sweden, the FIRST THING I did after we had decided to move, was to make Bambi ready to move, in other words give her all shots and take all test that were requiered. For me that was the most natural thing to do and I thought everyone thinks so...

There aren´t any obstacles that you can´t overcome if you really want to.

I don´t understand, why are they dumping this on your shoulders? How can they do like this towards Jazmin?