Monday, February 16, 2009

Ariel & Nebbia in Freedom



After emptying the "terrible shelter" we took "our" four dogs to get washed by Vivian at Cucciolandia. Ariel had so many dreadlocks with poop tangled in her fur. The smell was horrible even after one wash they smelled!





The next day me and my family went and picked Ariel and Nebbia out for a walk in a beautiful park. Ariel have been locked in in four different shelters. This was her first day in freedom, with grass around her and trees, alot of good smells.

She is around 10 years old, and her front leg is like Charlie Chaplin so she walks very slow. She would be great with an older person who cannot walk fast, or much.

Great with children and other dogs. I just love this dog so much.

Some people glared at her twisted front leg and on one woman you could see her disgusted crumbled face, "Doesn't that dog have a terrible problem?" she asked.

"No mam, I think you have more problem with it than her."

My Ariel deserves a dog bed, and a warm hand petting her, some Amore pay back.





I have been told that Nebbia means fog in Italian. I like that.

Nebbia is around 4-6 years old, sweet and great with kids. She have been by herself in a terrible cage because they claimed she was aggressive. When I met her I sensed right away that was so wrong. I took her out with another dog and she walked great. Yesterday we had her lose with other dogs in the park, it also went great.

I asked "them" why she was labeled as aggressive?

Once when she got her food in this terrible shelter, the cage door was open and another dog went in. She growled and defended her food in her own cage.

That's why she was labeled as a bad dog, she defended her food that normally came once or twice a week.

What would you have done?

No comments: