Friday, November 23, 2007

Thanks Giving

Yesterday was one of America's biggest holiday's, Thanksgiving. For me as a Swedish person it doesn't say much but it is always interesting with a new tradition in the house, and it feels very important to teach Olivia, too.

We both like to make sure Olivia learns our traditions. Lucky girl, she gets two countries worth of traditions!

Todd had bought a big Turkey....two stuffed Turkeys in the house, one in the oven and one wobbling around (yes I mean myself). Todd was in the kitchen the whole day, and Fabio (one of Todd's colleagues) came over to celebrate with us. At least he eats meat...vegetarian as I am, I went through the mashed potatoes and sweet potatoes, and yes, I had "fake" turkey on my plate.

But it was a very nice evening, plenty of good food and great company, I love traditions.

When I picked Olivia up at her school the Italian lady said, "Ah today is American Christmas" Only slightly off-track!

That's Amore!

No comments: