Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Oscar Wilde Quote from Saturday 24th Nov.

Last night I received a very interesting e mail from one of my blog reader that made a good point, and I want to share it with you. I found the quote on one of Americas biggest adoption sites, and I know a little about Oscar Wilde, but this reader he got a "good" eye here.


"I sort of like the quote about happy children from your blog, but the author of the quote stuck me as a little odd. Perhaps when HE spoke of "happy children", he might have had something a little different in mind?
On his sexuality: Wilde also had numerous sexual encounters with working-class male youths, who were often rent boys .
Nevertheless, Wilde lost no time in returning to his previous pleasures. According to Douglas, Ross "dragged [him] back to homosexual practices" during the summer of 1897, which they spent together in Berneval. After his release, he also wrote the famous poem The Ballad of Reading Gaol . Wilde spent his last years in the Hôtel d'Alsace, now known as L'Hôtel , in Paris, where he was notorious and uninhibited about enjoying the pleasures he had been denied in England. Again according to Douglas, "he was hand in glove with all the little boys on the Boulevard. He never attempted to conceal it." In a letter to Ross, Wilde laments, "Today I bade good-bye, with tears and one kiss, to the beautiful Greek boy. . . he is the nicest boy you ever introduced to me."


His whole life story: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oscar_Wilde

No comments: