Friday, November 2, 2007

Silence from People and Animals

The big tragedy is not the evil people’s brutalities; it is the good people ´s silence.
Dr Martin Luther King, JR

*

They caught us, me and another horse, a jacket was put over our eyes and we were led out. We panicked.
We are tied up to a tree. It is hot. The other horses in the pasture are taking off in a panicked gallop. Alarmed feelings of fear are vibrating in the air. A steel object shimmers in the sunlight. Two men are beating us brutally.

It feels like I am present as the scene unfolds. The horse is sending a horrible image, incredible pain from his back. I can see that another horse is lying on the ground, his head hanging down, and blood trickling from his nostrils. His eyes stare out in emptiness. Sitting on the ground is a crying woman. She holds the head of the dead horse in her lap as she rocks back and forth, sobbing.

I open my eyes feeling confused and do not know what to believe. Does the owner know anything about this?

Translation from my first book "Listen when the animal talks." copyrights 2007


No comments: