Sunday, July 13, 2014

Love and Light Wins over Darkness




As early as just three years old, Olivia put her little hands on my stomach when I mentioned to her that I was in pain. She never used the word “healing”, but placed her hands with confidence where my pain was. There were no words!

As a nearly nine-year-old girl, she still knows about the ability that she has in her hands.  Olivia is praying daily for our dog Sven who often has seizures.  In my busy world, passing her at “mommy speed,” I tell her that it is super-sweet of her to think of him.

Frankly, I look at Olivia with a mixture of curiosity and admiration.

"Mom, would you like me to teach you how to pray?" she asks me.
I ask her if I should put my hands together and close my eyes.
"No you do not close your eyes but look up to heaven and speak with a clear voice what you want. Do not be afraid, mom, because then the wish will not be fulfilled."

I look enquiringly at her.  "Olivia, do you know who God is?"

"Yes, it is He who listens when we listen?" she replies

"Do you mean God listens when we are talking?" I ask.

She shakes her head in a “no”.  "You also communicate when you are listening"

I do not understand what she means, but during my morning meditation, I realize the truth of what she has said.  When I am quiet and listen I think and I send simultaneously.  Intuitive words get to be both answers and questions flowing simultaneously.

"Do you know what the darkness is?" I ask her gently one day when we walk together in the woods.

"Yes, it is The dark God!  But Mom, do not be afraid, because he will like you then.  Think happy thoughts and you will have the bright God in you!"
I stare at Olivia and almost trip over the tree roots in front of me as I walk.  I have never heard those words from someone before.

It felt amazing to hear these incredibly wise words come from my Olivia.
Proudly, I look up to the sky as Olivia has taught me to do. 

My lips move silently.  "Thank you Bright God for my Olivia."  I whisper.

That's Amore!


Picture; Olivia helping me at our Hospice with a former caged dog.

#weeklycolumn #tidningennara #spirtualism

No comments: