Thursday, October 8, 2009

Lago Patria's own Sammy

Yesterday while driving, I got a message from my husband telling me there were two dogs, possibly injured and laying in a bad, hectic area. Could I go there when I was done with my mission?
I was already one hour away, I became stressed! No one to call ,only a plea out to the Universe for help.
After the meeting with a wonderful lady who made a big "thing donation"--yes, she wants it to be a secret since she knows some people will be jealous--Sad that other people cannot learn to mind their own business, or do volunteer work themselves since they have to much time--but I respect this woman's wish.
Anyway, I drove like a Southern Italian, fast and rude, and returned to Lago Patria safe. There, was Sammy the Stray, laying in the middle of a T section and with fast traffic all around him.
I parked and blocked the traffic with my SUV, jumped out and scooped him in. The police just smiled and waved!

He is the sweetest thing you can ever imagine. Great in the SUV, sitting in my lap licking my face--no I don't like that but he wanted to show me he was a nice guy.
At Lega Pro Animale, he will now stay for ten (10) days, having surgery for a hernia, check up, and spayed.
He is up for adoption, 2-3 years-old, used to hang out at different coffee places, great with people and children. Calm and a heart of gold!



Thank you Charity for your leash donations. Yesterday, I was able to use it on Sammy The Stray.



3 comments:

Äppelblom said...

How is it possible that other people won´t stay and help animals by the road? I just can´t understand how people can close their eyes for something like that?

well done Mia! Have you been counting how many lifes you have rescued...? I guess it´s too many to count ;)

Ylva said...

Fantastic work, Mia! Wish there were more people like you!!!

Mother in Action said...

Ylva and Appelblom, you are my biggest warmest wonderful coach(ers)You give me energy :-) But now I am going to bed ;-0)