Sunday, October 11, 2009

Animals Without Limits Hospice



On my way home I saw this beautiful dog, trying to find food for the day. She is very old and is having a problem standing on her legs. Tired and the hectic traffic is passing very close. Every day is a struggle.

She is not in pain, she is tired and alone.

I stopped to give her food and she was a little timid. My husband stopped today and she was more allowing him to be close to her, but still very tired.

I remember Lupa, the very old German Shepard that we rescued from a horrible shelter, and gave her a warm bed and food. She slept for nearly two weeks. She had a short time with us (and we with her), but it was incredible to see the life in her eyes, after resting. She got a peaceful end when she wanted to go.

Everyone should have a peaceful end.

Here are so many old strays that are struggling, and the law says you are not allowed to put a healthy dog to sleep. Even some people are leaving their old pets on the highway.


AWL is working on a project with a hospice/rehab clinic, together with veterinarian's to rescue old strays and to let them have a good amore ending.

Please join us in our project!

Pictures Copyright (c) 2009, Todd A. Mercer. All Rights Reserved.


5 comments:

Äppelblom said...

I`m with you!

As soon as you get a place for hospice so I can overnight there, I`m free to come and help you. Just let me know when the time is right.

Everyone deserves a peacefull amore end.

Lot of hugs to you and your hole family. You are in my thougts every day.

Mother in Action said...

Bella, I couldn't find her today..today ...not a good day! Not any good news today about our strays....

Unknown said...

Jag säger samma som "Äppelblom"
Jag kommer !!!!!!
Kram

Äppelblom said...

Strenght for you Mia in days like this! I´m here if you need me.

It cant be easy to carry such a big weight on your shoulders. You really need more people to help you!

Anonymous said...

I cannot think of anything more rewarding than to take in a forgotten, sick or old and dying dog to a warm bed, love, food, pain meds if only for a week or two before its time to go.
I support you 100%, I will follow and learn from your project.
Sara Hoover