Monday, August 12, 2013

WAKING UP FROM COMA LAND INTO COLOR LAND

 I feel like I am re-born again!

Like the Princess that slept for 100 years and woke up by a kiss-- but, no one kissed me. Perhaps, one of our 13 dogs?

I feel like I have been in a dark coma and only recently awoken. I don't recognize myself but I like the new me.

Colors, colors and colors. I want so much color around me and on me. This colorful dog always makes me happy to look at.  I love him and I make sure he got a good spot in my house.





The Lyme disease really knocked me to the bottom, but I fought my way back up. I felt I was close to dying and it was a vulnerable, scary time filled with demons and fog dancing around my bed. Yesterday I said to a friend that I wouldn't wish this disease on anyone, and I wish I could help everyone who has it.  My Lyme Friends I am always thinking of you.


 My therapy is to paint, and I have taken it up, together with my daughter. First I didn't want to show them since I am not an artist, but then I noticed how much fun it is to guess what comes out from the brush. And friends enjoyed it too.

"That's Amore!" has long been my catch phrase, really solidifying when I wrote for Magazine NARA for three years.  Still on Facebook, I end my posts with it. After many years, and stories from Italy...That's Amore!

I painted the Earth with colored sperm around it, fertilizing our World with love. Olivia (8 years-old) came up and said she loved my painting.  I asked her if she knew what it was?

"Mom! I love the tadpoles!"

Olivia painted this wonderful colorful painting with horses and jewels.  It made me think of horse selling a long time ago from Europe to Turkey.

It is so much fun to look at the paintings and try to translate them.   We each find our own meaning among the colors and shapes. What is your Color?

That's Amore!

No comments: