Monday, September 7, 2009

Open Your Heart

picture; Jackie loving up on one of the shelter dogs
While we were washing the dogs at the shelter last Saturday we also "loved up" on them. Both dog and humans get so much from "just" sitting together. The dogs didn't want the treats we had for them --that always suprises the new volunteers--they hunger for affection more than tidbits.


A big dog looked like he could be of some kind of Rhodeasian Ridgeback-cross came up and laid done next to me. I started to pet him. Sadness came over me and my eyes became misty. One of the volunteers was standing watching us and I asked. "Can you feel his sadness?"

The volunteer replied back, "He looks happy to me!"

I asked the lady who runs the shelter how long he had been there, and what was his story?

"He has only been here 6 months ... his owner died and he had to come here!"


Sometimes you have to close your eyes and see with your heart. The true emotions are being sent and recieved by the heart.

No comments: