Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Shelter Mission Team Work



The team assembles for the cataloging effort. Copyright (c) 2009, Mia Mattsson-Mercer. All Rights Reserved.


Today we started with our 1st program with the rescue shelter. We are documenting all the dogs that are inside this shelter, many of whom are in pain of some kind. It was a horrible view, it becomes worse every time you visit, and I was not the only one who thought that.


One veterinarian was with us and it was very interesting that he and I we had the same opinion. Even if I am not a veterinarian, I have worked next to vets for a long time, and have come to share their feelings in these situations.


This day was "bittersweet." We got job done, one step on the dirt path, but so bloody darn so helpless. Our hearts were aching the whole time.


Today, thank you Helene (Wales) for babysitting Olivia and Max so I could be on the mission. When I offered money, she said; "no no, I am just happy to help." You are so big hearted and Olivia cried when you left.

The Italian team, gosh we worked great together, here was a lot of "old" experiences no explanations needed, we just worked.

Todd, my husband....your pictures today to document the dogs, fantastic...we were all impressed by how you had built up the documentation/catalog of dogs.


Today was a bittersweet Amore day, still we have to work on program 2.

No comments: