Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Who is Transfering to Whom

Picture Copyright (c) 2007, Todd A. Mercer "From an animal's perspective"
Text Copyright (c) 2008, Mia Mattsson-Mercer


Animals in pain transfer their pain so intensively that I can feel it. If they are having pain in their stomach I get pain in my stomach, but as soon as I have written it down or otherwise acknowledged it, the feeling disappears. It took a long time before I understood this. In the beginning I thought I had become a hypochondriac.

I discovered one thing that is very interesting: In two thirds of the cases the owner has the same symptoms as their animal.

So who transfers the pain and emotions to whom?

I wrote the above in my first book 1999 and I made presented some examples in the book too.

Tjojs my 13 year-old German Shepard/Rottweiler/Border Collie mix started to walk slower and has been limping. I heard how she walked slow on the stairs and putting both feet at the same step like limping up. At the same time I started to have pain in my hips all the way down to the toes. When I was trying to get off the bed in the morning, I was walking slower and limping, it felt like painful electricity in my legs. I went to see the doctor!


The doctor told me I had arthritis. The type that afflicts the joints, since apparently there are more than 100 different types, but I guess I got the most common one. I was prescribed medicine that I still haven't gone to pick up yet...But with Tjojs, I got her medicine and started immediately...a mother always puts her children first!


The next day I could see a difference in Tjojs. When time to get food--her specialty--she was dancing around like a puppy. I laughed and applauded, and suddenly I realized that I felt better too. I am not saying that we are 100% better, but we sure know how to dance now, without any cane!

Are we not "just" sharing Amore symptoms?

No comments: