Friday, June 1, 2007

Mixed & Eating & Culture

Eating Swedish pancakes with strawberry preserve-- that your mother or grandmother made-- are great childhood memories. Yesterday I wanted to be one of those moms for my daughter Olivia.
I made the pancakes with a lot of love, tasted....yes like being home!
Olivia took one bite, then the pancake came flying like a UFO in the room.
Nooo, she wanted Peanut Butter on her pancake!!
That made me realize, she is a mixed child....half Swedish, half American!


  • I am a true Swede, I tried with peanut butter....I had morning sickness before, now I know what color we have on the bottom of our toilet.
  • When I moved over here 2004, I had never had a peanut butter/jelly sandwich. ohhh, I am getting goose bumps now.
  • When I was saying mixed baby, many people came up to me, "she is not mixed, she is white!" (Most silly comments I have ever heard!)

But watching my daughter eating with joy and love is what is most important, and I guess she created a new recipe yesterday. Maybe she's the next face on the Food network channel.

No comments: