Sunday, June 17, 2007

Virginia 2

We went and visited Colonial Williamsburg, Virginia, http://www.history.org/ and it reminded me so much of Skansen back home. It was so beautiful and peaceful, green parks, no traffic, culture, live animals and fantastic food.
Had lunch at a four star restaurant, "Trellis Cafe", the food was fabulous, colorful and tasty. I was in heaven.
Dessert, they are well-known for "Death by chocolate", and yes you couldn't leave at all disappointed.
Our waitress suddenly told us that she also speak two language with her children, curious we asked what the second language was? 'Italian.'
"We are moving to Italy" we shouted.
She looked at my husband, "I love my country but with children I am not moving back. The gypsies are kidnapping children and it is so awful. At the beaches or when you turn around for a moment putting your groceries in the car, and suddenly your child is missing. Please be careful!"
I had done some research and this was not news for me. But trying to tell my husband this he would think I was over-reacting and adding some extra spices to the story.
That is the label I will always carry around for being a former victim of sexual child abuse--I will be thought of over-reacting in cases and stories about child abuse.

When we left the restaurant I whispered a thank you in to the waitress' ear.

No comments: