Sunday, January 27, 2013

WHAT YOU THINK YOU FEEL


Living with Lyme disease (that also comes with co-infections) is not only "eating" your health, it "eats" on your mentality too. Every good thought can suddenly be changed in a heartbeat to a negative thought. Its difficult for outsiders to really understand since it is even confusing for us and many doctors. But there is hope, and of course a lot of work.

 First its important to focus on what makes you smile and to force that thought process into a routine in your daily morning routines. It’s not easy! 

 I started to collect "good thoughts” and I put as many were I can see them, first thing in the morning.




 WORK-YOU CAN DO IT-HOPE PICTURES




 This painting was my birthday present from my husband. I love animal portraits since it makes me smile, I'd seen this on a trip to a nearby town.  Animals make me smile. Every morning when I come down from the second floor I see my cow and cannot help but to smile.
 Earlier on the blog you could read my column about friendship and faith. Martina sent me a wonderful letter about how my words had changed her life in a positive way. I framed the letter in a beautiful silver frame and I keep it in my office to be able to read it every day.
 Reading!
Finally after a very long time of not being able to read, I can now enjoy reading again. It goes slowly and I get tired quickly, but it is progress in the right direction. I don't get as dizzy as before, and I can read more than one page before loosing the book's concept. It was  frustrating reading and then realizing I had no idea what I had read in the first place.

I like to read different litteratures. It is like eating during the day. Different food can stimulate different taste buds. My brain needs different stories.

I only publish the ones that I like. When I don't like a book I put it away, since writing negatively would not be fair to the author or other readers that might like the book. Each person's taste is different.
Who knows, maybe next year will I love the book. We are on various journeys, moods and we have different expectations.

Book, Happy Kids! Who doesn't want happy kids?
This book is a good remainder and a lot of common sense in every chapter. Sometimes you just need to be reminded about which you already know and feel to have a happy family.

The power of Praying Wife, was given to me one year ago from "moms group." Last week I dusted the book off and started to read.  I love the author's way of  sharing of herself about her marriage problems and mistakes and how she turned it around to be positive.
Tess Gerritsen has always been one of my favorites and she is a fantastic medical-thriller author. She keeps me glued from the first page to the end. None of her books have made disappointed me.
Gaby, our wonderful rescue dog that was terribly  sick April 2012 with a high fever and infections She was even waging her tail when she was found so incredibly sickly. She never gave up, not one day .... every day despite feeling horrible for eight long months she never stopped waging her tail. Today, she lives adopted by a wonderful person in Sweden and has many friends.

What can Gaby teach us?

--- Never give up no matter how hard it feels, keep wagging your tail....you're happy day will return!

That's Amore!

No comments: