Tuesday, January 15, 2013

LEAVE THE CAR KEYS HOME MOM

Urgh! The things I do when working through this "brain fog" caused by Lyme disease.

During the whole year I have been sick, I think one of the worst parts is having "brain fog". Before getting diagnosed with Lyme disease, I swore I had started to get Alzheimer's. It is scary and embarrassing and especially difficult for one who works as a writer.  Suddenly, I would lose what I was thinking. Or out driving and I said to my daughter; "Olivia, do you recognize where we are?" I had passed our exit 30 minuets before, we were on the way to Switzerland! (Thank God my daughter is young and only giggles)

I try to do my best and raise my children to be polite. If they have done something wrong or hurtful they have to apologize.
A couple of days ago, me and my children were ready to go in my Jeep, I made sure the kids were buckled up and I put it in reverse and started out of our carport. Kaboong!

What was that?

"Mom!!! you just hit a car, now you have to go and apologize."

And so I did. I swear I didn't see it. Today I got the "thank you:" 3500 euro. How I in this moment miss Naples, Italy when we lived there. My SUV, so damaged on the sides that it became a joke from my husband every day I came home, "Honey, what color is on the sides today?"

There, it was a smile and a "domani" (tomorrow) and for free. That's Amore.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.