Saturday, January 4, 2014

INTERESTING PEOPLE~INTERESTING LIFE~ INTERESTING STORIES

 

I love interesting people!

People that has experienced somthing in life. Quiet often I imagine how it would be to have a cup of coffee together with the person  I find fascinating. What would be my first question?

I of course, would love to have a longer moment together with the person that just one cup of coffee. The first time meeting and we were eating there would not be to much time to talk in between the chews.
And, its like a date. If the person is boring in flesh, coffee would be much quicker than dinner.

I remember, as an Author myself, how exiting and nervous I was at the same time when I had to talk  about my books, in different seminars. Many people came, and every one wanted a little bit more from the person they had read about.  Some writers can be so wonderful storytellers in their silence but so terrible dull in real life. And we many times expect them to be funny all the time.  Impossible!

Sheryl Sandberg (her last name sounds  Swedish) I heard about her on television. The interview caught my attention since I always liked successful women. (they can be successful mothers, doesn't have to be in the business world) I downloaded her book Lean In right away. I couldn't wait until the paper book would come in my mail-box.

I haven't finished it yet, but there are great reminders to fresh up my mind with. Also, some things are very great investing thoughts, for the future. Definitely, I will also buy a paperback to my son and daughter, for their upcoming adult life. I think I will give it to them when they are teenagers.

Now that is a good investment.



No comments: