Tuesday, December 8, 2009

SAMMY HIT BY A CAR

Sammy is a happy stray that doesn't want to be adopted. It broke my heart since I am madly in love with Sammy. I found out many others are in love with him in the "town" we live in and many wanted to adopt him too. But "no way" says Sammy, "I am a happy stray who loves my freedom more".

I tried to accept it. Some mornings he would be outside our gate, coming in for a breakfast, sleep for hours, love up on us and then....stand by the gate and whimper...

When I brought out the stroller to take the children to school he always jumped around for joy. Following us, sitting outside the school gate until I would come out and then walk with me home again. Never on a leash, he would fight you with that.


Passing the street that is hectic, I would always make sure that no car would come before I crossed over, since Sammy would not look just throw himself out into the street. It was always a walk with my heart up in my throat.


One morning, from out of the blue, came a car at such a high speed I didn't even see him. He nearly took the front wheel off of my jogging stroller, but Sammy was already out in the street.

I heard his scream and saw him rolling around. I screamed! I ran to him picked him up and got blood on me, people came running to put a comforting hand on my shoulder. The flower store man took the stroller and walked with me home. I put Sammy in the car and drove quickly to the veterinary clinic. He was in shock.


I ran into Dr Gigi that thankfully didn't have any surgery at that moment. He examined Sammy and put him on an IV. I begged for them to keep him over the night. I was so afraid he would have some internal bleeding or something that would show up during the time in our home. They could only have him until the evening, they had their cat-spay day and would have chaos the next day.


While there, Dr Gigi tells me that one of my dogs tested positive for leishameniasos. I froze, even if I know its treatable. Doctors like Dr Damiani say, its an infection. And our Roberto was positive but with the right treatment he is now free from that infection. (It's also in what stage the infection is in, with blood sample and a special lab you can find it out.)

Dr Gigi asked me if Dr Lorenzo hadn't called me and told me about it. No, I hadn't received a phone call or an e mail. I asked for the name of the dog and Dr Gigi went and looked at the papers...it was Sammy!


My legs started to shake, oh no! A new blood test was taken and we are waiting for the result.


At the meantime, Sammy sure is not happy with me...he is grounded. Keep you fingers crossed and positive thinking for Sammy. WE love our town boy!

4 comments:

Äppelblom said...

Of course we keep our fingers and paws crossed for Sammy!!

Lots of hugs to you all!

Bella

Mother in Action said...

Thank you sweet Bella, we love you too :-)

Maria Svegare Berglund said...

Vilken fin kille! Vi håller tassar och tummar! Kram

Mother in Action said...

tack Maria med familj, jag bara alskar den hunden....