Thursday, May 7, 2009

A Horse Moment

The teacher got a little surprised today, when I asked her to show Olivia how to take care of a horse from the ground. No one had done so before ( at least for a long time) asked to have their child(ren) become dirty, learning the less-fun aspects of horsemanship.


I want Olivia to learn how much work it is with a horse (or any animal) and also the importance to be connected with the horse from the ground, from that perspective of the relationship.


The teacher smiled when I told my daughter to thank the horse after the lesson. I find it very important to be thankful to the horse, who is after all, the one working hard for our pleasure.

Oh dear! Mothers always have internal fears. But I promise you, when she is having her lesson my lips are closed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

She is adorable and what a great mother you are!


Liza

Anonymous said...

Great ideas, I will do the same myself and also teach my children. I love when you write about animals thoughts and feelings.

Christina SE