Thursday, May 7, 2009

Respecting Time

My work with animals can sometimes be sad, but most of the time I can handle that because the dogs give me so much in return.
The moment of joy, honesty and love, pure living that we all seek.

My biggest frustration however is most of the time with humans, the people that many times lie, make an appointment but never show up, selfish handling and get pissy if you are not there for them when they call.
They can be quick to euthanize their dog since the dog is suddenly inconvenient or you are on your way back to your home country and cannot bring the dog you are "fostering". Or, adopts it but brings it back after two days; it was too hairy!

I wish everyone could respect time. And when they know you have children, how can they be so ignorant and not show up? You pay babysitter to facilitate the the appointment, but the person never shows up -- a total waste of time and money.
Today when everybody has a cellphone--use it for information and messages to other people who respect your time.
Like I said to a friend today, hell I have so many stories that it can become a new book. Like the American Professor that wrote the book, "Bullshit" (about why we bullshit other people).

But then, then you met a wonderful person that gives you hope about humans behavior. Like today at the vet clinic. A lady brought two puppies in that she found left by the side of the road, and now had them spayed. Like she asked me, "Why don't more people help?'

Can you answer that question?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know that feeling, and many spouses can be so sweet when you meet them, and then..if you dont do what they expect, you get the cold hand.

Carolina IT