Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Island Cat Work


Visited the nearby island of Procida today.




Dr. Inga and I went to treat some harbor cats on the island with frontline and de-worming medicine. Dr Inga had been there before and saw that these cats were well fed and satisfied with the people giving them respect. But she also saw the need for treatment.



We took the 45 minute boat ride (ferry) over from Pozzouli, and it was magic for my soul today. We managed to treat 6 cats, and one had lost his eye and it was running around with a big open wound. Dr. Inga and I tried to catch him but had to give up since he was hiding under a boat and fishing material. Dr.Inga will be returning to the island again soon, and will seek out this cat to try to catch him again.

Dr. Inga knew some local people and introduced me to them, also explaining what we were doing. Raw fish from one of the harbor restaurants was handed to us to make our mission easier (cat food!).







Gosh what a great Amore day.







I brought my camera with me, only to realize that I had forgotten the memory stick. I could kill myself. But I was able to get these few pictures in the internal memory.

No comments: