Saturday, October 27, 2007

Our Angels Sick and Helpless

When children and animals become sick, you feel so helpless, and upset, and scared.
When adults are starting to feel ill; (most of the time) they get slowly sick and maybe most important, they can communicate. Yesterday Olivia started to look "not feeling" so well. I felt her forehead and it was "ok" then one hour later...boom...high fever, and she looked so helpless.

You become scared, you know the decision is in your hands and time is ticking--will you make the right decision with what kind of help to give her? You call the advice nurse, you take notes of when you gave her Tylenol and checked her temperature--that didn't go down even a couple of hours later--

For the first time we had to take her to the ER to get help, the fever didn't go down, and the zombie look on Olivia was heartbreaking. We got great help and fast, and could return home after one hour.
Our little girl is sleeping with a more peaceful face now, and my heart have stopped feeling helpless. I am so thankful.

Amazing with children and animals. When they get the right treatment they heal so quickly, thank God.

A lot of thoughts went out last night when I was laying awake watching Olivia sleeping and breathing. Parents that are watching over their children that are so sick, and no one knows the outcome, and these little "soldiers" are so brave and are the ones comforting their parents.

Amore!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember having the worst cold of my life while I was pregnant with Isabelle. I was so miserable I called my mom to come take care of me on her day off. How awful is that? I just couldn't do it.
To comment on the childcare issue, our country desperately needs to come up with a plan to help young families with childcare options. So many families are young mothers who *must work* every day to make ends meet. It's really rediculous how we treat our young families. They make so little money just starting out and NC has the 8th most expensive childcare in the country.
I'm so thankful I get to stay home with my kids. It's hard to make the sacrifices and clip the coupons, but there will be time for all the fun stuff later. I want my kids to get a great start.
Kisses to Olivia, squeezes to Max and ear scratches to all the pups.
And a cup of tea with lemon and honey to you ;-)

Jenn

Mother in Action said...

Superthanks from all of us. Tea sounds like a good idea.

The Military base have daycare, not expencive, but maybe there are not enough room for all the children. Is it that we are more singel parents? We want more stuff for our children, and our selves?

I know you are doing a great job with your children, teaching them a lot about gardening and they are helping etc ect and not to forget, animal love.

Love
Mia