Thursday, October 18, 2007

Empty Heart--Huge Heart

After watching the cruel video clip that the organization PETA had made, I totally lost my inspiration to write. Suddenly, nothing else seemed "right" my happiness, other cruelties etc etc. I didn't know what to write about.

That is the danger, to get drowned in to the negative state of mind and forget to start doing something and acknowledge those who does something positive. It is a difficult balance.

I want to thank you all who watched the video clip from the date 16th and forwarded it to friends. Also for you who put it up on your own blog. We cannot forget and we will keep on talking and educating us. We have to talk about things that are uncomfortable and scary. Teach our future, the children, they don't do what, we tell them, they do what we are doing, what they see.

I got an e mail from an American friend that really touched my heart.

I watched the video you attached and it is just sickening.
I've seen one like this back home and the images haunt me still. I tried to click on the link I NEED YOU, however it says the page can not be displayed. Let me know what I need to do in order to help.

There is a small pack of dogs who live on my street. They come and visit us every day. They would make for some nice black and white photos.Skippy, the first dog we took in when we arrived (Italy) appears to have been their "pack leader", so when the pack dogs arrive Skippy goes crazy until we let him out to play or they move on.

Remember the Corgi I told you we took in? Well we
found her a home of her own! She moved in with them on Thursday. Our Italian vet gave her a clean bill of health and her new family picked her up the same day. A husband, wife, an 8 year old girl and 2 year old boy. They fell in love with her and they are doing wonderfully. Yay.

Around the same time I found a puppy laying in the middle of the street, barely able to walk. She's a fox hound mix and about 5 weeks old. I brought her to the vet and she tested positive for Parvo- however she has made an astounding recovery. I'll tell you, she doesn't even look like the same dog anymore. I have her quarantined in one of the bedrooms. She is a little
piglet! She eats a can of puppy food a day. I am watering her through a syringe as she has some trouble lapping up too much air when she drinks from a bowl. In two weeks we return to the vet for new blood tests, and hopefully her first set of vaccines. After which time, I can introduce her to Pepe and Skippy. They sit outside her door and whine, i think because they know she isn't healthy. They are anxiously awaiting meeting her! I'm calling her Polly for now. Once I nurse her back to health I will begin to look for a family for her. (that is of course, if I can bare giving her away...) Kathy.




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I see your point, and if I can with my few words be any support for you and us others to speak up for these animals.

Thank you for being there. I follow your blog and sometimes I cry.

Liv

Mother in Action said...

Thank you Liv.

To know that you are reading my blog means a lot to me. Your support means a lot to the animals.

Sometimes will the taste of salty tears keep us forward in life. Keep up with the support and love.

Amore!