Monday, December 8, 2008

Sad News & Good News

Opening my mail today I found this wonderful e mail from a friend a got to know in North Carolina. Our new dog had climbed the fence and I drove around crying looking for him. I saw a woman walking her two dogs and I stoped and asked if she had seen my Clyde?

She had not, but she helped me searching after Clyde until we found him. When Zina was living in Africa she helped the stray dogs there. She is a true Amore animal friend!

"I wanted to let you know that we are putting a package in the mail to you tomorrow (Dec 8) which contains some blankets, bowls, collars, and a small cat carrier. I was able to get some good deals at the thrift store on Post. I hope you don't mind "used" items, but I was sure to wash everything in bleach to ensure it was all clean and ready for use. I am able to purchase more this way. I hope you find these items useful for your projects.

We just rescued another dog and were lucky to find him a new home already. He was chained in the backyard with no attention and not being fed daily. I may have told you about him before. Anyway, tomorrow he goes to the vet for neutering and shots, then off to the new home on Tuesday. He is a very sweet boy and is enjoying his time here with us. He will go to a farm where there is another Lab waiting on his arrival.

Did you see the story on the national news that a woman in Wisconsin left her dog outside in 10 degree weather and the dog froze to the sidewalk!! Luckily someone called authorities the next day and the dog was still alive. They had to use hot water to melt the ice to free him. He is now in the safety of the Humane Society, and the owner was arrested.

Makes me sick to think about. Happy Holidays to you and your family. Zina"Italic

Ah, yes. The holidays. I guess in this boy's case, Santa came early, and in the form of mere (but big Amore caring) humans. On behalf of the animals you help, thank you Zina. Merry Christmas!

No comments: