Monday, December 26, 2016

Selfie with the Big Queen of the House




ChaCha a Cane Corso mix, is our rescue dog from Italy,  the Queen of our House. One among 11 other dogs in this house, she is the one with a dominant glamour. She is lovely, but also determine. ChaCha loves life to the fullest and can also tell you when something is not as it should be (in her eyes). 

Even when she and I do selfies, ChaCha pushes me away.

However, for several days have I felt that something was wrong with her, you know.....mother feeling. Something!

Last week I went to the veterinarian with a sick Senior and I brought ChaCha with me. This big dog normally would snarl and snap, like a big Monster. And now we needed to take blood tests.

Muzzle on, and "big strong" people entered the room to assist. I couldn't believe my eyes, she was nice as a lamb!

I asked for many different kind of blood tests, to be able to quickly find out, in what direction we had to look for. The tests costs around 150 euro. --The veterinarian thought she also is over weight, 56 kg! 

ChaCha gets one big cup dry food a day.....no it can be from that tiny meal a day! Something!

Three days later the test results came back, and her Thyroid is not working as it should.

Happy Dance. I knew there was something.....and together with a good veterinarian, that trusts your feeling (instinct).....that's what teams should be all about.

ChaCha is now on medication and after a month we are going back for another blood test. But, at least, we are on the right way.

No comments: