Friday, March 20, 2009

Mumnemia & CompassionFatigue

I have been diagnosed by two friends--the two of them don't know each other--

My friend Ylva said to me, "Mia, you work to much, you suffer compassionfatigue."

I actually became happy hearing that beautiful word.....compassionfatigue....lovely.

And today, in the afternoon I took the kids and went to a British Forces Pub. Wow, since I am suffering from compassion fatigue, I thought I needed to be around happy loving British people having a cider. It was like walking into a big wonderful family. I like their relaxed way of having a pint on their way home. I ran into a friend, Jane, and I "complained" that I forget a lot of things lately and it drives me crazy.

Jane said, "Mia, you are suffering mumnemia!" (get it? anemia but since I am a mother of 2 small children and 12 dogs = lack of sleep=mumnemia)

Gosh, there are a lot of beautiful names, and I love wearing these names. I received them because of Amore.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It could also be "Mum-nesia"... amnesia from being a Mum.

Mother in Action said...

Eh I think it is that...I forgot...eh now I don;t know whish

Anonymous said...

anemia would make you tired.

Amnesia would make you forget.

Maybe it is mumnesia-nemia?

Mother in Action said...

SI...tutti :-)