Friday, March 27, 2009

LUPA

Lupa, I am not ready to have you leave me.

I know it is selfish of me. I love you, and I am proud of you.

The Vet will come tomorrow, to help you on your final journey. But I am not at all ready. I know you are, and that you want peace now. I have to give you your peace that you are asking for, finally. But it is not what I want. I am heartbroken.

You were trapped in the horrible shelter. I wanted so badly to give you a longer time with love and freedom and comfort here with us. Maybe here in our love, now, you thought it has been a long time, and you want to continue your travel on your peaceful road to heaven.

Thank you, Lupa. For your time --- too short a time --- with us. Thank you for your love on this earth, this life. Rest easy. Your work here is done.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mia! I dont think we ever can be ready even if our dogs are... Lupa looks like a girl for Maxi, I'm sure he take god care of her.
I light a candle for you, Lupa, Maxi, Morris and all the others.
Dessa ord kommer från en räddningshundsvän:
"Då sorgen till slut har lagt sig
dröjer sig saknaden kvar en tid.
Minnena har vi för alltid."
Amore!
/Ulla

Mother in Action said...

Ulla,
How beautiful and I know you are there for us. I know it wasn;t a long time since your best friend got wings. What a beutiful poem, thank you my friend.
I dont understand yet why I am so attached with her, we have "just" known each other for a couple of months, but still it feels like years....

E said...

I am so sorry for you all... But you gave the best of gifts to Lupa, you made her see that people can be good, and that it is just a matter of time and a little bit of luck to find "that one" who loves you truly.
Now Lupa will be free, and she will go up to heaven and meet all our other friends up there, she will rest and she will remember her last days spent with you and her "pack"...
Lupa will stay in our hearts, in this way she will never ever die, she will be remembered ! Thank you for that!

/Erika