Thursday, May 22, 2008

Words That Touches Your Heart

I am starting to feel like a widow who constantly "talks" about Ranger, I am sorry but this is so hard for me.

" You" say I express my feelings very well in my texts, but I want to publish an e-mail from a friend that really can express herself. Tears fell as I read;

"Oh Mia, I just read your blog and I am so sorry. I don't ever know what to say in situations like this. Everyone handles losses so differently. I know writing about it helps a little, even if it's your way of raging at the heavens and "not scaring the kids". I remember Ranger...what a wonderful, gorgeous big guy he was. I know he misses you so much and hates that he had to leave you so suddenly. You all gave him such a wonderful life and he was such a good teacher to the other dogs, to Olivia, to you and Todd and even to Max, I'm sure. Because it was his time to go doesn't make it hurt any less. My heart still aches for the animal friends I've lost, even if I only knew them a short time before their passing. I guess the only thing that ever helped me was to make sure I had time to grieve. Don't cut it short. He was such a big part of your lives that (I know you know this) it wouldn't be right to pick yourself up, dust yourself off and say "no more crying" and abruptly end it. I don't think that's at all healthy or even respectful to you or Ranger. Feel your feelings and feel them to their fullest. Only then will you be able to realize all the things Ranger came to teach you. As you often say, Animals are our best teachers.He was a great friend. I am so heartbroken for you. Monty and I send our love and hope you are able to smile again when it's time.We'll talk again soon. Jenn"

This is touching Amore words!

No comments: