Sunday, May 18, 2008

People's Words

One week has gone by since we lost our beloved Ranger. In one way it seems like a month ago. Is it because when grieving, you shut the world out?


Sometimes it can be difficult to hear comments that some people make, especially from those who don't have had any animals themselves. "Oh you have three dogs left, just go and spend time with them!"


But most people have been wonderful and thoughtful towards us in our grief.


Yet, and still I don't want to meet people. I guess one reason why it hurts so much is that I feel like our dogs couldn't be safe in their own home. There is my anger towards someone who shouldn't have fed our dog(s), that did it without knowledge.



I found out that one person was feeding him several bones and my Italian friends yelled at this person to stop, "Even bambini know not to feed a dog bones!"


A week later. Nothing feels fun, I feel like I just want the hours and days to pass.


Someone said to me that everything happens for a reason, and something good will probably come out of this even if I cannot see it now. I know that this person wants me to feel better, but I cannot see it that way....I see it that we had to learn, the hard way. And are now suffering because of it.



One out of many kind and beautiful e-mails that we have received is from Todd's friend in Alabama:



"Yes I remember Ranger and we are very sorry to hear of his passing. Although
Janice and I never had pets, both our kids do and we know how close one can
become attached to them. Our younger daughter had a cat and several months
ago it passed away. Real emotional time. If it is of any consolation,
you can take solace in the fact that you and your family provided him with a kind
and loving home and someday God in his infinite wisdom, mercy, and knowing how
you feel about him will reunite you with him and you will continue your loving
relationship in a place where infinite happiness is the norm/status quo.
Steve "



This is friendship Amore!

No comments: