Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Olivia's Dog

Olivia wanted to dog walk too and kept pulling my pants, begging to be a part of the mission. I asked another Swedish girl, Jenny, if she could help Olivia find a dog to walk and socialize. And boy did they! Olivia was so happy, walking this little girl 1-2 years old, and they sat together on a chair, when they needed a break. Later, I saw Olivia sitting on a tombstone at the pet cemetery at the end of the shelter, talking to her new friend. My heart just melted.
Dad said, "Ah, what is 13 dogs?" Olivia came walking towards us not knowing that her parents had accepted this little Twittie. "Please put her in the car."

We drove Twittie to the vet clinic were she got sterilized, de-wormed and frontline'd and had to stay for three days. Olivia was so happy to get her little friend home and the whole night slept with Twittie at the end of her legs. Titte due Amore!

Pictures: Copyright (c) 2009, Todd A. Mercer. All Rights Reserved.




2 comments:

Ylva said...

What a wonderful wonderful team! Lucky dog and lucky new owner! Congrats to both of them!

Mother in Action said...

My sweet you, thank you so much. She can wake me up at 03.00 holding her Twittie under her arm asking if they can snuggle with me. Of course at that moment I dont know what I am answereing....