Friday, April 4, 2008

Animals without Limits




Animals without Limits are on the field again.

Now I need all your help and support again, new and old.
Yesterday, me and the animal worker Kath went out looking for a dog I had seen the day before, skin and bones. We drove into a very poor neighborhood stopping and asking people if they had seen this little, beige, bony dog. They pointed at a big garbage pile, his home. But we couldn't find him.
Suddenly, Kath saw a dog laying on the sidewalk. Was it dead or alive? We couldn't tell from the car. We drove up and looked. Yes, it was breathing but in bad condition. Kath held the dog with a towel over its head, since the dog was scared by whomever was grabbing her--some here like to torture dogs, even beating them with baseball bats--
Out with the crate, gloves on, and in with the little "girl." Off to the veterinarian station Dr. Fritz and her crew--they really care.

Our "girl" couldn't be saved, she had distemper. Kath and I payed for the euthanasia (put her to sleep) and the veterinarian put the money in the donation box for helping animals. Euro 50 well spent!

We named her Flower, so at least as she left this world, she had a name. And we know that today she is in a better place, able to run and play without any pain or worries... in fields with a lot of flowers and Amore!



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so happy to read that the foundations is back. Tell me more what I/we can do to help?

Bless your heart and your friend Kath.

Lena

Anonymous said...

I think I saw you on TV when I lived in Sweden.
How great that you and your Foundation is starting all over again.

Love to read more.

Rosa now in Seattle WA USA