Saturday, January 5, 2008

Lets Back up a Little #2







Christmas came as always... very quickly. I still remember how long Christmas Holiday was when I was a little girl, I waited and waited for Santa to come.
Since I have been so busy with Max-- and he came too early-- my Christmas preparation totally stopped. Thanks to my husband he made sure we got a fresh new Christmas tree and a lot of presents under the tree, and in our stockings.
The Swedish Christmas, 24th, we celebrated in our home, and it was peaceful and nice. To see Olivia's joy when unwrapping all her presents was the best present itself.

No Santa came and knocked on our door, since Olivia is scared of this big-chubby-hairy-man-in-red. Then something interesting came up; who got the real Santa!?
The one that comes on the 24th and scares children and makes the dogs go bananas? Or, the one that comes through the chimney in the night and leaves presents in everybody stockings?
My Santa or my husbands Santa? Suddenly, the discussion was going lively here in Italy.
How would Olivia and Max explain when classmates told them that you cannot have two Santa's my husband wondered?

Time will tell!

The 25th my very good friend Paola invited us over for a wonderful Italian Christmas dinner together with her family and some friends. It was such a joy! Fantastic food and great presents, Olivia had a wonderful time with two girls in her age *one is her best friend Chiara*, Maximillian got admired by everyone, and we got to eat several dishes of fantastic food.
That's Amore!



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Only the super-fabulous kids get BOTH Santas!

Mother in Action said...

Fantastic comment!! I am going to teach my kids to say that ha ha ha