Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Reality for the Speechless



My hat is off for this campaign. It is important that we realize and will be reminded that we have a problem.

When I was working with my foundation in Bosnia it was very hard to get the worlds out. Many didn't want to see pictures if it involved children and animals. They didn't want to know.

When journalists wanted to have an interview with me, I stipulated that they also had to write about my foundation. 99% of them did and it was so wonderful and humble towards our work. But I remember one magazine that said, "we want happy readers." Obviously, they chose not to interview me at all.


I know it is scary and awful, but I also know it is our reality and we must do something, even if we look silly laying on our knees outside IKEA giving out cheese (hint to my beloved husband) to our homeless dogs. --see earlier blog --

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's a horrible truth, but it will never get better until we all take responsibility for our animals and hold those who refuse to care for their pets accountable.

Brava, Mia, for your work!