Saturday, July 7, 2007

IKEA


We found IKEA and had to visit and buy a Swedish Moose for Olivia--I got all Marabou Chocolate I could carry with me out of the store.


As we left, outside the doors two small homeless dogs were standing waiting for some nice people to feed them. I still get amazed how well behaved they are, so modest and polite. I guess they were only one year old and their teets where filled with milk. My heart sank when I saw these lovely animals waiting for food, images flashed in front off my eyes; I was coming out from a theater show in London, England and homeless men were kneeling in front of us with their hands reaching out, begging (wishing) for money.
I had bought WASA bread (Swedish hard bread) and I put some peaces on the ground for the two dogs. They smelled it suspiciously, but it wasn't want they wanted, I have noticed dry food makes the dogs more thirsty and it is hard for them to find water here.
My husband said to me, "Why don't you go in and buy some meatballs?" (I wasn't sure if he was serious or being his normal sarcastic self).
I ran in to the food section to find a bag of Swedish meatballs but they were deep frozen. I grabbed a package of Swedish cheese and trotted out to the two dogs again. People where looking at me with a kind of curiosity and joy on their face..another tourist feeding the dogs with expensive cheese.
The two dogs waited until I had put the pieces on the ground and with a modest attitude they ate with a good appetite. My little Angels.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sure those little dogs enjoyed the nice Swedish cheese from the nice Swedish lady. And hey...give your husband the benefit of the doubt...your Mia-ness seems to be rubbing off on him :-)
Olivia looks ADORABLE on her moose!

Mother in Action said...

I gave my husband full credit, honest...but he went in and changed it himself. I am trying to rubb and rubb he he he

Olivia is my moose girl yiihaaa!