Thursday, October 3, 2013

WITH PAINT I CAN LET GO

I wrote earlier that I had recently started with paint therapy to escape the Lyme Disease pain. I had never before held a brush to paint anything but wall, but like many, I wished I could paint artistically. In school I had no imagination, or ....I didn't dare to let it out. We all have imaginations, and we all have the "inner voice." It's a different whispering to our mind and heart.
I have a talented friend who is a true Artist. You should see her paintings, they are amazing. We SKYPE ones a week, and she is my paint therapist/coach. Its amazing when she looks at my paintings and reads my "inner me" through them. Her statements are right on the spot, and many times really fantastic, totally incradable. Things I have been telling myself in the morning to do better, she then later confirms to me in her interpretation of my work.
Today we spoke about what scares us the most. I realized that I was afraid of showing others what I had made. Don't get me wrong, I love painting or rather "strongly like" is I prefer to say....I play with the colors.
So tonight, after one hour of mind-blowing and inspirational therapy with my coach Rita I challenged myself. I asked myself...."why the fear?"
Is it because my paintings are childish? Do I fear rejection? Afraid people will laugh at something I take seriously? Or.....
At least I know, and I am proud over myself....I dared to step out of my comfort zone.

This painting my beautiful daughter created. She is 8 years old and as you can see, we have the same paint technique :-) I am proud over her too; extremely so.

This one,  Olivia and I made together....she did the "AWL" which of course stands for Animals Without Limits, our organization, rescuing animals.

Now that's color fun with a lot of heART to it!

And colorful Amore!

No comments: