Friday, July 9, 2010

YOU GOT YOUR PEACE NOW

The last couple of days have been really tough, emotionally heartbreaking. My beloved queen, Tjojs, has not done so well with her back legs, but it has come and gone. Every time I have said to myself that now is the time, she has come trotting past me like, "What are you talking about?"

Wednesday, I could see her pain, even if Tjojs was a tricky one with high pain-tolerance level. I called and told my veterinarian now was the time, could he come tomorrow?

It killed my heart to see her mind being clear, still communicating with me and the pack, still being the dominant soul in the pack. But to see her pain, falling down the two steps outside, the difficulty not coming up very fast and well on the slippery floor. But the question kept running trough my head, "Was it the time?"


I struggled with the question. I certainly didn't want to take her too early. I cherish each day with her, and didn't want to "play God." I also worried about my ego causing me to wait too long, to condemn her to too much pain to satisfy my selfish desire to keep her with me.

She was my "mentor". We had so many adventures together; she was with me on radio and TV interviews, in many Magazines, She was used in my seminars and workshops, and was featured in all my three books. She was the queen of our pack here, and will be sorely, sorely missed by all. Bye Tjojs, see you across the Rainbow Bridge one day --- please wait for me! I love you, you were the Amore.

Tjojs: Sweden April 1996- Italy July, 2010 -- Rest in Peace, dear soul.

6 comments:

Ulla said...

Tjojs, du fattas oss... <3
Amore!

Mother in Action said...

Usch det gor sa ont...det ar sa tomt pa energierna. fran 18 hundar ned till 17 ar inte sa stor skillnad pa utrymmet kroppsligen men sjalsligen.....

Anonymous said...

Tröstkram!
Solveig

Äppelblom said...

Oh, Mia, vårt varmaste deltagande.

Saknaden är så himla stor...


Nu är vi gifta ;) och heter Äppelblom båda två! Vi fick fantastisk bröllop, dagen var så underbar!

Jag råkade dock bli ordentligt förkyld bara några dagar innan bröllopet men lyckan och medicinerna hjälpte så att jag knappt kände av symptomerna.

Rickards morfar som skulle varit med på festen men avstod i sista minuten, dog under vår bröllopsdag i sitt eget hem. Hans särbo var så stark att hon vägrade meddela oss innan nästa morgon trots att läkarna försökte trycka på. Det fanns ju inget att göra, han dog så snabbt, så vi är så tacksamma att vi fick njuta av festen utan att veta om vad som hade hänt.

Men sånt är livet, det finns så stora lyckostunder och sen finns det stor sorg och saknad..

Många tröstkramar till Dig min vän.

Bella & Rickard

Mother in Action said...

Tack fina du och tack for att du delade med dig om Rickards morfar. Ge honom en stor halsnng fran oss alla.
Grattis vannen jag hoppas du skickar ett brollops foto :)

Stor kram

Mother in Action said...

Solveig tusen tack