Thursday, July 15, 2010

WONDERFUL KATE SENT ME THIS POEM

If it should be

If it should be that I grow frail and
weak,
and pain should keep me from my sleep.
Then you must do what must be
done,
for this the last battle can´t be won.
For this day more than the
rest,
Your love and friensdship stand the test.

We´re had so
many happy years.
You will be sad – I understand.
Don´t let your grief
then stay your hand.
What is to come can hold no fears.
You´d not want me
to suffer so,
when the time comes, please let me go.
Take me where my
needs they´ll tend.
Only stay with me to the end.
And hold me firm and
speak to me,
until my eyes no longer see.

I know in time you
will see,
It is a kindness you do to me.
Although my tail it´s last has
waved,
from pain and suffering I´ve been saved.
Don´t grieve that it
should be you,
who has to decide this thing to do.
We´re been so close –
we two these years.
- don´t let your heart hold any tears.

2 comments:

Mariann said...

Mia!
Jag är så ledsen för att du fått låta Tjojs somna in. När du hälsade på hos mig - först med Gustav 2 gånger och sedan med Smulan så berättade du om arbetet att få honom med. Sedan har jag ju följt din blogg och ser att han verkligen varit en i familjen.
Även om det nu är flera år sedan Gustaf fick somna in så är hans minne levande även om Smulan nu börjar ta plats som han gjorde.
Jag tänker på dig och skickar en kram från Mariann i Solna med Smulan.

Mother in Action said...

Hej Mariann,

Tack fina du for de orden, det ar tufft men samtidigt en gladje att jag fick sa manga ar med henne.

Vad underbart att du foljer mitt arbete. krama Smulan,,,kram till dig. Det var alltid lika roligt att traffa dig.