Wednesday, April 7, 2010

TOGETHER WITH RESCUE PERSONS

This place is having the harmony, heated doghouses that are big and they are maximum two dogs in each. They have an outdoor place they can go out on. Summer time, that is soon in Northen Italy--they have there own dog pool always supervised by a person--and they love swiming around.

When standing there this lady next to me says to Nicoletta that she knows me! I thought that was strange since this was my first trip to Parma. I heard the name TOTO ! On facebook I had read about the dog Toto that had been in a shelter for 12 years, and he needed a home so badly. I replied that I would gladly adopt him. At the same time there were another family in Parma that also wanted to adopt him so insted of having to have a nine hour long car trip they decided to let the family in Parma adopt him. I was happy by that result since the thought that suddenly after so many years two families wanted him.

But how small the world can be! Here I am standing in this wonderful area and Toto's rescuer is visiting. What a group of wonderful people!



In Napoli were Bella was, she met a veterinarian who is not a behavior expert. Yes the veterinarian sees many dogs but that doesn't make a person an understander of animal behavior. The veterinarian told the foster parents to be very careful with this kind of breed and maybe it would be best if the dog was put down to sleep.

I told the Doberman rescue person Nicoletta what we had been told and she looked at us and said that is a normal behavior from a Doberman to want to hold your hand! It is a love/affection thing, saying "I cannot get enough from you!"

We are so happy that we could transfer Bella to professional people that know this beautiful breed. Many times the outside (of anything) can confuse us, the same goes with humans. The Amore is to seek our and let professionals educate you.

No comments: