Thursday, July 16, 2009

Olivia's Thought

I am conducting some research on the Internet about animals in need, and on this site that I was looking at, there was a rolling film about animals in slaughter houses, bullfighting. Not very pleasant of course but I am trying not to close my eyes because I feel uncomfortable.

For some reason that I now have forgotten, I stepped out from the room for a minute, and when I come back Olivia, my four-year-old daughter was watching.

It was a pig in a slaughterhouse, and the pictures were very graphic. I held my breath, angry that I hadn’t clicked it away.

She looked very serious and said, “Mommy look ... the pig is hurt.”
“I know baby, it is because we eat meat.”
Her eyes were glued to the screen, and I could see how her mind was working.

“That is not good, mommy!" she said, pointing at me emphatically, "You go and get the pig.”

2 comments:

Erika said...

Ibland så inträffa vissa situationer för att de är meningen.. man får tecken från ovan. Även om de inte alltid kommer som man önskar.

Kram Erika

Mother in Action said...

Bra ord! Jag vill vissa att barn har fler ganger svaren och modet an vi vuxna....

kram Mia

Jag har varit vegetarian i 25 ar men vill att Olivia visar varlden sin asikt utan att hon vet om mammas