Sunday, July 26, 2009

Hello Donations & Goodbye Adoptions

I ran into a lady who was moving to another country in a couple of days. This had come up very quick so they were in a hurry to get everything organized. She asked if we wanted a crate (training) and muzzle? Absolutely yes!



"You don't know anyone who want gold fish (3)?" she asked and then continued, "I cannot flush them down."



'AWL will take them, we will put up posters." I said with a big smile. I also told her never to tell an animal psychologist that you had the thought to flush fish down the toilet. At first this was more a joke but the more I thought about it the more I realised the truth in it.



We had a busy Saturday. At 10 we went to the base and met Linda who donated many bags of dog food and dog shampoo. Linda, so sweet with her animal stories and her home with 7 dogs and 4 cats and taking care of her daughter's horse. My hat off for her.



After a couple of hours family time we drove and picked up William, Flipper and Willy. She handed me a plastic bag (zip lock) with them inside. I got so surprised why they didn't come with an aquarium or fish bowl?

Please when you find someone to help you solve your problem by taking your animal(s), make sure you are giving all they will need, all that you've had for those animals. If you just can't do that, a donation so the next family, foster or forever, can get the essentials and make the animals at home. After all, they are helping you to solve a problem. Sure, AWL gets donations. But I feel that money is intended for medicine, treatment and operations for dogs and cats.... not aquarium for gold fish!



Luckily, our wonderful pet shop owner Alberto gave me a very good discount --please don't rely on that either, they have bills to pay--And we thank Sarah and her husband Pete for adopting William, Flipper and Willy.




Listen!

No comments: