Thursday, March 27, 2008

All we Need is Amore!

Copyright (c) 2008 Mia Mattsson
Every child in the world belongs in a family, and everyone should grow up with love and security. Adoption processes take time, which is both good and bad. Good, so the family that wants to adopt gets checked completely and thoroughly. The sad side is that it can take years before the child(ren) can move in to the new family. And, during these years he has become so attached to the caretakers were he's been, probably his heart will be torn again, and his insecurity will further grow.
I spoke to the directors of an area orphan home, and they confirmed for me that it takes years before all the legal and procedural processes are done for the adoption-- by which time the child who is several years older-- their aging doesn't stand still while the bureaucracy moves forward.
So we should speed it up for the children and the "new" families sake--more house calls--and great Pediatric doctors like my children have we would all feel safe.
Picture above taken at Centro Laila
This is mixed Amore!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Im An American An Live in Naples italy till 2013, Would I be able to adopt aan Italian Child from Centro Laila? This info would be great if you could give it to me cause I have met with a 7 year old girl who me and my husband would love to adopt if it were possiable.