Friday, September 21, 2007

In Sweden!

Just as I didn't really remember it... windy, rainy, cold. Both myself and Olivia have the sniffles!

Here we leave 28 degrees celsius in southern Italy, and 13 hours later, we require winter clothes to walk down the street! Short walks, indeed!

Held a lecture last night for a dog organization in southern Sweden that went very well, a great audience that seemed very interested in what I had to say through the 2-hours of talking (then they carried me out!)

I laced various elements of my experiences into the lecture... from Animal Communication to homeless dogs to animal rescue in Italy to Bosnia and Bahrain. Even a little bit about my family, when the only picture they could display from the disc was of my husband holding little Shiloh when I brought her home in 2004 (just 3 weeks old! She fit in the palm of his hand!)

Olivia is enjoying playing with mormor (grandma) and it is mutual!

Going to meet with my publisher today for coffee and cake. We'll see what else they might have on the table!

Hej da!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mia,
It's been so long since I've checked out your blog. My apologies! I've sent you back some photos with the e-mail you sent us. I wasn't sure how to attach photos to a blog?. I'm definitely not computer savvy :)

Quincy is doing well and Hudson is getting so big. I've been off work for 1 1/2 months on terminal leave and I get my final USAF paycheck next week. Scary! We are doing well and taking things day by day. We miss you all and haven't forgotten about you :)
Take care and congrats on getting into your house and enjoying Italia. It's such a wonderful country. Congrats also on getting to the final months of pregnancy with a soccer player inside :) I remember those days. I think the sleepless nights of uncomfortable unrest prepares you for the upcoming sleepless night of feedings and diaper changes. You are a beautiful and wonderful mother! Take care,
Tricia