Saturday, October 17, 2015

BULLYING IS NOT OK(2)

After the first hitting incident towards my son Max I talked to the teacher and parents. I felt it was out there. Now everyone knew and could keep our eyes open. To prevent children from hurting each other.

I spoke to Max that it is not ok to be hit and laughed at. Respect and kindness are what rules in our home. 
Yes, it is ok to be angry and argue, but never hit anyone or let the anger go out on someone else in a cruel way.

Max (7y) and I talked about that he should always come and talk to me if something is wrong in school. He wouldn't worry me, he wouldn't be in any trouble at all, and I promised to always be there for him.

Max didn't say anything more to me. Every day I asked him how school was. 
'It‘s fine!' he answered me back.
I tried to come up with different questions, trying to outsmart him. And I thought this week had been fine.
Three parents that doesn't know each other, contacted me telling they were sorry to hear that Max still got hit in school!
I froze!
I didn't finish reading the messages, I walked out to Max that sat watching tv. I turned off the tv and sat down next to him.

'Max! I have been told that you are still getting hit in school. Is that true?'
Max looked down and started to tell me that one boy had grabbed his shirt and with big force thrown him into the wall were sharp metal hangers had hit his back head. He had cried! Kids laughed.

I, his mother cried so hard out of anger, and feeling my sons broken heart.

'Its ok mom!'

I said I would go again and talk this time with the principal and find someone that could translate for me. I don't want the emotions to disappear in the lack of my language. And I have noticed many times that if you cannot speak the language proper you are not taken seriously.

Max hugged me and said, 'mom sit here and wait.' He disappeared out in the kitchen.  A couple of minutes later he came with a small trey with a cup of coffee and a note written in red, MOM and a heart and two lovebirds. 

He was trying to make me happy! I realized I had to show him my concern, not tears. I would have to do that later, alone. Not that I am ashamed or don't want to show tears, but in this content now he knows I get sad, enough with tears and time to show full action.

I asked him if it was ok to tell his story in public. He nodded, he wanted that very much.

My daughter  is 10 years old a beautiful spirit. Together with me she is working with animals and holding lectures. She and her brother went out to play with their friends on the street. There are these sisters, same age as Olivia and Max. The younger girl fell on her inliner since it was slippery on the street. The bigger sister flew on top of her sister and hit her while screaming naughty words. Olivia got upset and told her to stop being mean to her sister. The older sister looked at Olivia with dark eyes and said, 'I hate my sister.' and walked away.

This is not ok!

No comments: